Wiped Out!

Phew, this old body is not used to working out very much. Tonight was week #4 for my new "workout"! I decided to try Taekwondo with the kids! Yep, the kids are now a Yellow belt and I'm just starting out on the White.

My first week did not go as well as I would have hoped. In fact, I never even dreamed that I would have such a hard time. Guaranteed, it's been over 1 1/2 years since I've done any kind of a workout. Luckily, I made it through, even with a near "pass out" after 15 minutes into the session.

After that, I decided I better start eating one of my Access bars (fat burning, energy conversion bars) before each session. It is working like a charm! Plus the fact that I'm actually practicing at home at least 3-4 nights a week.

So tonight..... oh my gosh! I don't think I've EVER run wind sprints in my life and there I was, running to beat the bandit! Not only that, but Mr. Terry worked us so hard tonight! I could barely lift my legs by the end of the hour. And now.... My body is worn out. One of those "good" exhaustions: nothing hurts, you just know that you used everything.

It's a lot of fun! Especially being in the same class w/ the kids. I have such a sense of accomplishment when we are done each week. If this 40 year old body (ok, almost 40 yr old body) can do something crazy like this, then anyone can. I highly recommend checking it out! !"KE-UP"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Pot Lasagna

Cheese Taco Shells