Keto Pumpkin Custard Pie

A Pumpkin Custard Pie is one of my favorite childhood desserts. My mom's flaky pie crust is 2nd to NONE.... but now that I'm Keto, I had to make some changes.

The crust I made, I borrowed from Low Carb Maven     Flakey Low Carb Crust

It turned out delicious! I suggest covering the edges for the entire baking time of this pie. I felt that the edges got too dark, although it still tasted great!

So, now for the insides of this pie:

Preheat oven to 425*

2 c. Pumpkin Puree
1 c. powdered Erythritol (I 'powder' mine in a coffee bean grinder.)
1 pkt. Knox Gelatin
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk (yolk left from crust recipe)
1 c. Heavy Cream

Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into pie crust and sprinkle heavily with Cinnamon.

Bake at 425* for 15 minutes. Then turn down the oven temperature to 375* and bake for 40 more minutes. (or until knife comes out clean.)

Enjoy warm or cold (my preference!), topped with real whipped cream! (If you have any leftover, 'store' in the refrigerator.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Pot Lasagna

Best Ever BBQ Sauce

Cheese Taco Shells