"Instant Pot" or Pressure Cookers

So the new rage in cooking is the "Instant Pot"... However, I did not want to spend over $120. And I was not interested in a small size. So, I did some checking around and I found over at WayFair.com a Kalorik Pressure Cooker 6.25qt for under $70!! Yes, now that's a deal. So, It arrived Tuesday and I had to wash it and use it immediately!! It is soooooooo awesome!! I love it!!!

I had turkey & chicken bones and spinach & egg plant in the freezer that I was holding for such an occasion so I could make some Bone Broth. I added apple cider vinegar, thyme, rosemary, garlic, & salt. Pressed all the appropriate buttons (Manual mode did take me a few minutes to figure out..lol...) and set it for 1 hr. Voila, in just over 1 hr (due to time for pressure build up and pressure release), I had amazing Bone Broth!

My next venture will be a Chili for tomorrow night's dinner. And since I have to work in the morning and then go do my grocery shopping, It won't matter that it hasn't been in the "crockpot" all day. It can be done in an hour...

Can't wait to try more recipes. I'll keep you posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Pot Lasagna

Best Ever BBQ Sauce

Cheese Taco Shells