Macros & Calculators


There are many Keto Calculators to be found on the internet. The one above is found on Maria Emmerich's website www.MariaMindBodyHealth.com

These calculators were & are a huge help in my Keto Journey. Some Keto people will tell you not to track your macros but to eat intuitively. This can be great advise if you are already Keto-adapted and know what you are doing or have already reached your health goal (weight loss or otherwise).

I've been thinking about my weight loss journey and looking at my calendar from the last post and started wondering what changed that my weight loss decreased in the last few months. I figured it out...

It's actually a few things:

1. I started eating intuitively even though I hadn't reached my weight loss goal yet.

2. I changed the ingredients in my bulletproof coffee.

3. I have not been eating enough protein.

4. I have been eating too much fat.

5. I started looking at NET carbs instead of TOTAL carbs.

6. I have not incorporated any physical activity at all.

So, this morning, I went back onto the calculator. Plugged in all my info and reset my MyFitnessPal app on my phone with my new targeted macros. These are the macros that you should be most concerned with: Carbs (total), Protein, Fat, & then Calories.  

I use the free version of MyFitnessPal (just so you know) and I was able to go into my settings and select only those macros that I wanted to track.

This is what I'll be doing:

1. Going back to tracking my macros vs. eating intuitively.

2. Starting my day off with a large glass of ice water.

3. Going back to my original bp coffee and waiting a little later in the morning to drink it.

4. Making sure my protein intake is up.

5. Making sure that I don't over indulge in my fats.

6. Going back to tracking TOTAL carbs, not Net.

7. I'm going to start a little cardio routine in my mornings. Nothing too crazy, but enough to get some additional steps in my day. Eventually, I'll work my way back to my PiYo routine.

So, I'll keep you up to date on my progress!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Ever BBQ Sauce

One Pot Lasagna

Cheese Taco Shells