copy cat Dirty John's Hot Dogs (bunless of course)


When I lived in upstate NY state, there was a place called Dirty John's Hot Dogs. They were obviously famous for their hot dogs. Long thin hot dogs, in a bun, served on a plate with a meat sauce, topped with onions and mustard. DELICIOUS!!

So, one day in PA (no longer there - in NC now!), I thought that the internet had to have a recipe for this amazing meat sauce.... and I was right!! However, I always have to change it up a bit to suit my tastes. And it is a winner, my husband loves it!



Print Friendly and PDF


copy cat Dirty John's Hot Dog Meat Sauce

1lb Hamburger
1tsp Nutmeg
2.5tsp Onion Powder
2.5tsp Curry Powder
2.5tsp Chili Powder
1tsp Garlic Salt
1.5c water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Brown hamburger; add remaining ingredients. Simmer about 1 hr (do not let water boil away... add more if necessary). Put in blender to grind (I didn’t do this today). Serve over hot dogs with onions & mustard. Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Pot Lasagna

Best Ever BBQ Sauce

Cheese Taco Shells