Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole


Print Friendly and PDF
This casserole was sooo good! I totally forgot to take a picture of it after it came out of the oven all ooey gooey :-(   But here is a pic of the leftovers. Believe it or not, I actually made a double batch in a 9x13 dish for only 4 of us. I was thinking that there would be plenty leftover for some great lunches. LOL.... everyone had huge seconds and this is all that is left! I think I've mentioned before how much I love casseroles. My mother always made a wonderful traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu. But, because I'm a 'lazy' cook, I hate pounding out the chicken and trying to roll it with the ham & cheese. I love bite size because I don't want to use a knife if I don't have to. So, I created this amazing casserole. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Ingredients
  • 2 lb. Chicken, skinless, boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 6 oz. Cauliflower Rice
  • 3 T. Butter
  • 2 t. Onion Powder
  • 1 t. Tarragon Leaves
  • 1 t. Garlic Salt
  • ½ t. Black Pepper
  • 4 oz. Ham
  • ½ T. White Wine, cooking
  • ½ T. Apple Cider Vinegar
  • ½ T. Dijon Mustard
  • 2 T. Sour Cream
  • 1 oz. Cream Cheese
  • ½ c. Heavy Cream
  • ¼ c. Parmesan Cheese
  • ¾ c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • 8 slices Munster Cheese
  •  

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
  2. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown the chicken in the butter. Once the chicken is browned, add the Ham, Onion Powder, Tarragon Leaves, Garlic Salt, Black Pepper.
  3. Reduce heat to medium. Cook Cauliflower. (I used 2 min. in the microwave – in it’s freezer bag.)
  4. Add to the skillet while Cauliflower is cooking, White Wine, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Cheddar Cheese.
  5. Grease 9x9 inch casserole dish. Put the cooked Cauliflower on the bottom of the dish.
  6. Add the skillet ingredients to the casserole dish. Place the Munster Cheese slices on top.
  7. Bake for 25-30 min.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Pot Lasagna

Best Ever BBQ Sauce

Cheese Taco Shells